A multi-disciplinary creative focusing on graphic design and illustration but also very into sculpture, woodworking, music, and drawing.
Has an honors degree in Studio Art from James Madison University
Winner of print and packaging design award from multiple magazines and associations.
The ideas guy. Big picture thinking with the ability to get his hands dirty.
A messy minimalist. Simplicity doesn’t come without a lot of experimentation and hard work.
Likes: Snowboarding, surfing, tightrope walking, good beer, loud music and a good kung-fu movie late at night.
Dislikes: Indecisiveness, pop country.
SENIOR DESIGNER/ART DIRECTOR
Locomotion Creative: 2014-Present ~ Nashville, Tennessee
- Creating and managing design and aesthetics for multiple clients focusing on print collateral and brand development.
- Art directing photoshoots for publication
- Coordinating design teams to meet deadlines and budget requirements
across a variety of industries.
Watermark Design: 2010-2014 ~ Charlottesville, Virginia
- Creating and managing design and aesthetics under demanding
deadlines in a variety of media including: logo and branding, beer and
wine packaging, websites, print collateral and advertising, posters and
clothing, and environmental signage for national and regional clients
- Managing client expectations and deliverables
- Coordinating with printers to meet deadlines and overseeing press
checks for orders up to half a million pieces at a time
Alloy Workshop: 2008-2010 ~ Charlottesville, Virginia
- Designing and producing visual identities, print materials, marketing
concepts and strategies for a variety of clients.
- Developing internal marketing materials and strategies
Theo Chocolate: 2006-2007 ~ Seattle, Washington
- Adapting to all jobs within the production process
- Creating marketing and point of sale collateral
- Restructuring packaging and order fulfillment resulting in processes that
dramatically reduced the number of hours needed for end-of-line tasks
Rosetta Stone: 2005-2006 ~ Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Designing and producing advertising within strict timelines for up to
40 national publicaitons weekly
- Designing marketing collateral for global kiosk and point of sale
- Managing design and fulfillment processes with print, shipping,
audio/visual vendors to complete all projects on schedule and budget
- Designing and managing production of custom point of sale units and
launch across the country
- Designing customer facing marketing collateral including sales sheets,
flash movies, brochures and product graphics, manuals and guides
80 One Records: 2003-2005 ~ Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Designing and managing all materials and branding for the catalog of
artists including CDs, posters, and merchandise
- Coordinating with A&R to meet deadlines of album releases and